Friday, June 14, 2013

First and Last Day of School

Can you believe the last day of school is finally here?  It has been a long time in the making for us as we started school August 8th.

Here are side by side pictures of the first and last day of school:




My, how time flies. I barely remember being in tears as Patrick started Kindergarten.  Now, I am in tears as Patrick is now a first grader.  I have to start thinking about the talk as our school does some sex ed in 5th grade.

I enjoy summer and I hate summer.  Summer gives us a lot of time to hang out together as a family and do the stuff we want to do, but we don't have the time.  Camps, museums, biking and hiking are big highlights of the summer.  But I don't like how the kids have to fight all the time.  So, we get really busy.

What are our thoughts about summer?  Did you post first and last day pictures on Facebook?

5 comments:

  1. I usually love summer...until the kids start fighting! lol Love the pictures! Have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer can be long and short at the same time. For the kids it's always too quick because they have way too much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer is now officially over here in the Philippines, and my little man is now back to school. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time flies. Your kids have grown so much over the last year. I like spending the extra time with my kids but they do get bored over the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I home school, so summer for us is like any season of the year filled with lessons, travels, and sleeping in late. LOL. I guess you can say it's summer all year long at my house =)

    ReplyDelete