Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Happy Anniversary Matt!

(I promise that I did not forget about my blog!  I have been on vacation and I am catching up on life!)

At this moment, nine years ago, I stood at the altar at Saint Elizabeth Catholic Church.  Nerves and excitement over took my whole body.  I was about to marry my best friend and make a commitment to him and to God for the rest of my life.

I was in the middle of my senior year of college.  Life was crazy at the time, but we decided this was what was meant for us.  So many people cam through for us while we were preparing for this moment.  My dress, the church, the music were all gifts.  The little shop were we got our tuxes from when out of business soon after.  Family from across the country came in to celebrate us.

OF course, we have been through our rough spots and bright spots, but I can honestly say I still love him.

So happy anniversary, Matt.  We are trying to figure out when to celebrate as it is Ash Wednesday and a day of fasting for Catholics.  Hopefully, it will be Saturday.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulatons on 9 years! Hope you have many more wonderful years to come! Good luck finding something to eat on ASh Wednesday - perhaps a rain check? Cute pic by the way :)
    Leigh @oneandoneequalstwinfun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary to you both! That's great! :)

    I'm following you from the event on VoiceBoks. I hope you're having a wonderful week!

    -Courtney
    peaceloverecipes.com
    optimisticmommy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amber... Happy Anniversary to you and Matt... My husband, Dean and I, will have our 9 year anniversary, next month. So here's to you and Matt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! This year will be my 8th. There are definitely ups and downs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to you!!! :) Do have many more wonderful years ahead. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete