Thursday, January 17, 2013

Happy Spring Semester!

It's amazing how school starts and again I get busy.  This should be an interesting semester - and it is only 4 days old!  I have Stats, Analysis and a directed research project this semester.  I am also teaching a section of sophomore Stats as well.

My directed research project is on financial literacy and how math can help teach it.  There is so much information and I don't have a lot of time to do it!  16 weeks may seem like a lot of of time, but where there are other things going on, it is not.  I really need to devote my 9 hours a week to do it to do my best job.  I am hoping to present my research at 2 different conferences with it, so it better be good!

Not much has changed to my schedule, but since my directed research is not a class, it seems like I have a lot more time.  It is still the getting up at 6 with the kids (probably not tomorrow as we are getting a lot of snow right now), then working out and then teaching and class.  Spring semester always seems crazier though with activities.  And since Patrick is old enough to do some activities, things will be even crazier.

So, how is your new year?  Are you in school?

No comments:

Post a Comment